The following review comes from one of Australia’s largest free dating websites, and boasts more than 1,300 visitors daily. Competing against some of the biggest dating brands in the world, Free Dating Australia has become a trusted and reputable source within the internet dating space.
* Launch date: 01/05/2013.
* More than 5000 members.
* Male/Female ratio: 60/40.
* Reach: Australian based online dating site.
* 100% free.
* Demographics: 18-40 years age group: 71% – 40 plus years age group: 29%
Membership and profile requirements
The site moderators impose a strict set of approval policies for new member profile applications. On average, 30% of profiles are rejected for not complying with registration guidelines. Insufficient or duplicate content, profanities, or suspected fraud profiles are typical reasons a site moderator will reject registrations.
Site owner of www.freedatingaustralia.com.au Matt Fuller explains, “Our main aim is to raise the standard of the online dating scene, weeding out fake profiles is pretty much our unofficial mission statement, we adopt these policies to keep our genuine members happy, we want them to walk away happy, not frustrated.”
The sign-up process takes around 10 minutes. At no stage during the registration process will members be asked to pay any money. Free Dating Australia is an ad-funded online dating model. Any revenues the website earns is through various advertising channels. New members are required to complete a series of multiple choice questions, followed by 4 short questionnaires.
* Free chat rooms for users with an Australian IP address. There is no registration required to use this feature. The chat rooms are monitored by volunteer moderators. This feature has gained quick momentum since its introduction and has built-up an impressive community of both regular and new users, and is a great way to meet new friends fast.
* Members and visitors can search the pool of profiles via post code search tools, or via interest groups such as single parents, Asian, Seniors, Christian or casual dating categories.
* Members may send unlimited numbers of messages. Message recipients may choose to block messages or report any unwelcome or suspicious messages to site moderators.
Free Dating Australia has based its model on the basis of providing a positive user experience for Australian singles. Prospective members can apply to join the site
If you would like further information on how to stay safe online, visit the ACCC website for additional safety tips.